Khushroo B. Panthaky
Director, Grant Thornton Advisory Private Limited
- Khushroo B. Panthaky is a Fellow Chartered Accountant with 34 years of professional experience in accounting, auditing and business advisory services. He is the Territory Senior Leader in the West and also heads the financial services vertical.
- He has extensive experience, both locally and internationally, in auditing and advising large corporations and multinationals. He has a deep understanding and knowledge of local and international Accounting Standards, Auditing Standards, Corporate Governance Codes, Internal Control and Risk Management practices and regulations relating to Financial Services. He also has adequate experience in leading Financial Due Diligence engagements, in India and abroad.
- Khushroo has specialised in banking and financial services, particularly in the banking and insurance industry verticals. He has led engagement teams for professional services to varied industry segments such as banking, insurance, broking, FMCG, IT/ITES, manufacturing, engineering, logistics, media, film exhibition, brewery, vinery, REITs, hotel management, etc.
- In his previous stint at a large accounting firm, he was deputed to New York for three years to lead the audit engagements for multinational insurance companies
- An active member at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and has contributed to its Central and Regional Committees constituted for Internal Audit, Corporate Governance, Auditing & Assurance Standards, Accounting Standards, etc. Khushroo was also a member of the Editorial Board of Diploma in Insurance and Risk Management (DIRM) and was also a technical reviewer at the Financial Reporting Review Board (FRRB) of ICAI.
- He has presented more than 400 papers on different technical matters relating to the profession at various seminars and conferences of ICAI, CII, BCCI, and other trade associations and councils / chambers.
- Khushroo graduated from Sydenham College of Commerce, and is a Bachelor at General Law. He holds a Diploma in Insurance from Darden Business School, Virginia, USA, and has completed an advanced program on Managing and Transforming Professional Services Firm from Harvard Business School.